Sunday, May 22, 2011

Used Bookstore!!!

So the Borders in town closed, leaving thousands of nerds in town bereft of books.  I've seen confused geeks huddled around the meager bookrack in Ross trying to be interested in crockpot recipes, lost ravers wandering the parking lot in front of the building hoping it was all some horrible drug-induced dream - but no.  The Borders has closed, and there is no longer a single bookstore within some 50 to 75 miles that stocks new books that aren't primarily religious or cultural based.

In desperation, my family has turned to the used bookstore that hides near the airport. 

With Borders out of business, the store has actually had booming business.  Which is great, especially with the higher turnover rate of used books.  So I took a trip down there with my mom and we spent the voucher our neighbor had left for us - about 63$ - on wonderful new-to-us books.

I made five purchases, totaling 21$ - really, can't beat those prices.  I found two books I've been wanting to own for awhile - a pair of fluffy romances that I've read before.  One of them I used to own actually, but lost in the shuffle of my trip to Texas in 2006 (I think), so I'm glad to have it again and will review once I finish reading all of them. 

I've also got two new Angela Knight books, both lying firmly in the paranormal romance genre, and finally, an interestingly written romance from Meg Cabot. 

I'm a bit tired of epic fantasy, if you couldn't tell.  Plus these were ridiculously cheap - and very good, which I'll get into later.  I just wanted to update this, because I'm most definitely reading, just not writing so much lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment