Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Lost Duke of Wyndham -Julia Quinn

Don't you wish all the handsome guys just walked around with their shirts open like this?  But then it would have to be the fluffy white shirts for the proper romantic effect and that would be a little weird nowadays...

Anyways.  This book is the same story as the one from Mr. Cavendish, I Presume, except from the point of view of Jack Audley, aka the lost duke. 

Mr. Cavendish, I Presume was what I read first, and it was my first book from the post-Bridgerton stuff.  It was interesting...but definitely not what I had expected.  It seemed more about self discovery than actual romance, which is what I thought I paid for.  This book balances out that a bit better with a good amount of romantic times. 

I think now that the original Bridgerton series is done, these books are Quinn's way of broadening her storylines (duh) and it's working.  I'm not sure if Mr. Cavendish was her first attempt, but it definitely did not capture me.  In fact, this one didn't so much either.  But it certainly wasn't bad.

Also!  I've put in my order for a kindle and it is on it's way now!  I'm super psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment